PO BOX 116
NELSON MANDELA BAY MUNICIPALITY
Alternatively contact the Corporate Services Directorate, tel. (041) 506-3259
NO faxed applications will be accepted.
In terms of its Employment Equity Plan, the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is committed to employment practices that redress past imbalances in respect of race, gender, creed and disability, and as such the relevant policy will be considered during selection and placement.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the under-mentioned position. Persons with a disability are encouraged to apply.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, TOURISM AND AGRICULTURE DIRECTORATE
DIRECTOR: TRADE AND INVESTMENT
(TRADE AND INVESTMENT)
POSITION CODE: 200110
TASK Grade 17 (R738 396 – R1 026 576 per annum)
salary only, excluding benefits)
· Relevant tertiary qualification (preferably with a B degree in Economics/Marketing or related field).
· Minimum of five to seven years’ relevant experience. Experience in the management of staff along with a significant budget in a regulated environment, preferably in pursuing the promotion of tourism, trade and investment, is essential.
Key attributes and competencies:
· Knowledge and experience in tourism/ trade, investment/ promotion and project management.
· Extensive experience in promoting network liaison, provincially, nationally and internationally.
· Developed strategic planning, research and analytical skills, as well as significant marketing knowledge.
· Oral and written communication skills in English and at least one other official local language.
· Good report-writing skills.
Manages the key performance areas and outcomes of the Trade and Investment Branch of the Economic Development, Tourism and Agriculture Business Unit associated with investment promotion of Nelson Mandela Bay as a world class, well diversified investment destination and trade opportunities through a series of targeted events such as local and international trade exhibitions, in-store promotions, investment seminars and conferences, media partnerships forged with both local and international media as well as a network of partners such as industry associations, business chambers, bi-national chambers, export councils including a wide network of S.A. embassies abroad and foreign embassies in South Africa and performing public relations and administrative functions.
As part of the selection process, candidates may be tested on any requirement, skill or competency, which will include pre-employment screening, a medical examination, security vetting and psychometric assessment.